Czech National Marrow Donors Registry (ION-5440)
CNMDR has adopted following preliminary policy for donors after vaccination against COVID:
- mRNA vaccines (Pfizer / BioNTech, Moderna) and protein vaccines (Novavax, Sanofi) – deferral of 7 days after each vaccination dose, provided no relevant side effects occurs.
- Vector vaccines (Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson) – deferral of of 28 days after each vaccination dose (a change of opinion after gaining more experience with vaccination cannot be ruled out).
- Information about the donor's vaccination sent to the transplant center
With increasing experience the policy is likely to be modified.
Israel Ezer Mizion Registry Israel Bone Marrow Donor Registry (ION-4987)
- Registry operational information available on: https://share.wmda.info/x/hRNcAQ; statement.
- Update January 27: please see attachment for a full update
Italian Bone Marrow Registry (7450)
In Italy IBMDR according to national requirements, stated by CNS - the national competent authority for blood, HSC and blood componet donations, we have just implemented this policy:
- Donors (selected for TC/Work up and donation) and vaccinated with a vaccin based on weakened/ attenuated form of Sars -COV 2 -> deferral period of ( at least) 4 weeks after each vaccin injection
- Donors (selected for TC/Work up and donation) and vaccinated with a vaccin based on mRNA or protein subunits, with no alive virus - > deferral period of ( at least) 48 hours after each vaccin injection
- Donors (selected for TC/Work up and donation) and vaccinated with a vaccin based on mRNA or protein subunits, with no alive virus but with symptomes after the vaccination - > deferral period of ( at least) 1 week after full recovery
- Donors (selected for TC/Work up and donation) and with no sufficient information on the type of used vaccin -> deferral period of ( at least) 4 weeks after each vaccin injection
Singapore Bone Marrow Donor Programme (ION-3785)
For both donor and patient safety, BMDP sets the following guidelines for donor receiving COVID-19 vaccination:
- For BM and DLI collection: Donor should receive the vaccination at least 7 days before the planned collection date.
- For PBSC collection: Donors should receive the vaccination at least 7 days before the planned start of GCSF.
Switzerland Swiss Registry for Blood Stem Cell Donors (ION-9341)
Eligibility criteria / deferral periods after vaccination for SARS-CoV-2:
- After vaccination with a weakened virus vaccine ( e.g. a viral vector based vaccine or live attenuated vaccine), donors will be deferred from donation for 4 weeks
- Asymptomatic donors who have been vaccinated with an inactivated virus vaccine or a vaccine that does not contain any active viral component ( i.e. mRNA, DNA or recombinant protein/subunit vaccines) will be deferred from donation for 48 hours
- Any donor who develops symptoms after administration of any SARS-CoV-2 vaccine will be deferred from donation until 7 days after complete remission of the symptoms
- A deferral period of 4 weeks after vaccination applies in cases where no reliable information on the vaccine is forthcoming or available.
United States of America NMDP-Be the Match (ION