The 1st stage differential upload is to upload a .gpg file to add, update or delete records. The UPDATE_MODE and STATUS fields are used to give information to do differential upload.
1.Organizations allowed for DIFF upload
- The registries that upload donors with GRID. GRID is compulsory for DIFF.
- All registries and CBBs upload CBUs
2.How to create the .gpg file
|Differential Update cases||File level|
(The validation of ID will be improved after GRID become compulsory)
|Upload frequency||Upload frequency must be more than 15mins for each DIFF upload|
|Add new records when STATUS is "AV" or "TU" or "RS".|
- Valid records with not existing ID and GRID will be added
- Valid records with not existing ID but duplicate GRID will be rejected.
- Records without GRID will be rejected.
But there is no rejection message, under implementation in next release.
- Invalid records will be rejected.
- Valid records with not existing ID will be added
- Invalid records will be rejected.
|Update existing records when STATUS is "AV" or "TU" or "RS"|
- Valid records, and no GRID duplication will be updated
- Valid records with duplicated GRID will be rejected.
- Invalid records will be rejected, and existing record with same ID and GRID in database will be deleted
- Valid records with existing ID will be updated
- Invalid records will be rejected, and existing record with same ID and GRID will be deleted in the database.
|Deleted records when STATUS is "DE"|
- Record exists in database will be deleted.
- Record does not exist in the database will generate a warning.
- Records existing in database will be deleted.
- Records do not existing in the database will generate a warning.
|Upload records threshold limitation|
Less than 10K for each DIFF upload.
(Can request for more than 10K DIFF upload if needed)
3. Business validation rules
|Reference number||Validation level||Validation Source||Date rule is valid ||Effective since XSD version number||Field Name||Error in field||Reported Validation message||Action|
|9||File||2.1||UPDATE_MODE||Invalid update mode||Your file has been rejected as the UPDATE_MODE must be equal to "FULL" or "DIFF".||Reject file|
|222||File||WMDA||2.1||UPDATE_MODE||Invalid update mode for multiple inventories||Your file has been rejected as we have identified mixed update modes in your XML inventories.||Reject file|
|File||WMDA||2.1||Too many record provided for DIFF upload||File could not be processed due to DIFF upload exceeded record count threshold: 10000||Reject file|
4. Errors and warnings in the processing report
File: ION-0999-D.gpg 2019-09-09 11:39:22
Content Type: D
Update Mode: DIFF
Start processing: 2019-09-09 11:50:00
Schema version: 2.1
Total records processed: 14
Total records with warnings: 6
Total records rejected: 4
Total valid records: 7
Total updated records: 4
Total new records: 4
Total deleted records: 2
List of Records with duplicated ID or GRID:
W | 0999 | TD-000002 | N/A | (Warning) GRID 774800006001853603 must be 19 characters.
W | 0999 | TD-000003 | N/A | (Warning) GRID 7748000060018E53612 checksum is not correct.
W | 0999 | TD-000010 | 1234000000000001031 | STAT_END_DATE (Warning) Status end date cannot be > 5yrs in the future.
W | 0999 | TD-000010 | 1234000000000001031 | STAT_REASON (Warning) Status reason cannot be provided with status AV or RS.
R | 0999 | TD-000013 | 999900000TD00001129 | BIRTH_DATE (Record Rejected) BIRTH_DATE is a mandatory field.
W | 0999 | TD-000014 | N/A | (Warning) GRID must be 19 characters.
W | 0999 | 9999000000020000629 | (Warning) Record with DE status does not exist.
List of deleted records
D | 0999 | 9999000000000000511
D | 0999 | 9999000000000001115
Processing finished at: 2019-09-09 11:53:55
Total processing time: 3 minutes.
The processing report for differential upload has 4 parts.
- 1st part is the summary of the file upload.
- 2nd part is the duplication in the uploaded file, data uploader should clean up the duplication.
- 3rd part is the rejections and warnings. Data uploader should clean up all of them.
- 4th part is the list of the Deleted records. It is for information, and no action is needed.
We define some cases:
DE non exist: (Warning) Record with DE status does not exist.
Example: W | 0999 | 9999000000020000629 | (Warning) Record with DE status does not exist.
This is the records with "DE" status, but they do not exist yet. Only GRID will be displayed in the report.
GRID Missing: (Warning) GRID must be 19 characters..
Example: W | 0999 | TD-000014 | N/A | (Warning) GRID must be 19 characters.
GRID is compulsory for DIFF, but not for FULL upload yet. So the message is Warning (W) type, but for Rejection (R) type yet. Will be improved after implement GRID as compulsory for FULL donor upload in November, 2019.
Total records = Total records rejected+Total valid records+Total deleted records+DE non exist
Total valid records = Total valid records+Total new records
Total records rejected=Records with duplicated ID or GRID in part 2+ R in part 3 + GRID Missing
|RecordWarning||Record with DE status does not exist. ||When a record is with STATUS "DE" in differential upload file, but this record dose not exists in database|