The term WMDA (World Marrow Donor Association) or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Schipholweg 57, 1st floor, unit 2, 2316ZL Leiden, The Netherlands. Our company registration number is 40448326. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Web-based services provided by WMDA
This includes the WMDA website (https://wmda.info/), all subdomains of the website, and other sites as listed below:
- https://wmda.info/: general information about the organisation
- https://share.wmda.info/: more specific information regarding the activities of the four WMDA pillars
- https://education.wmda.info/: e-learning platform
- https://search.wmda.info/login: searchable database of adult donors and cord blood units available for use in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Operated under the direction of WMDA organisational members, use of the service is part of a search strategy and is only accessible for registered users (staff members of regular and provisional member organisations and authorised transplant centres).
- https://questionnaire.wmda.info/: service to export global trends data provided by participating organisations
- WMDA meeting websites: information on upcoming virtual and in-person meetings
- https://worldmarrowdonorday.org/: information on this annual event acknowledging donors
- https://wmda.knack.com/spear#welcome: reporting system for serious adverse events and reactions by participating organisations
The information on some of these sites is subject to change without notice.
Access to website
The right for personal access cannot be transferred, sold or rented to anyone else.
Accuracy and operation of services
We will make every effort to keep WMDA websites current and to correct errors brought to our attention. Documents published on the sites might not be in the final or formally accepted version. WMDA does not warrant the error-free operation of its services. WMDA accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to material accessed, operated on or downloaded from its services.
Use of information and resources
Information on WMDA websites is not intended to provide specific advice unless it is stated otherwise. Neither WMDA nor any person acting on its behalf is responsible for the use that might be made of the information or resources contained in these services. Users act at their own risk when using information or resources on the websites and they are hereby urged to take necessary precautions when evaluating the usefulness and applicability of information or resources for their intended purposes.
The WMDA is committed to user privacy. The WMDA services have been structured so that users have to identify themselves with a username and a password. Completion of the online membership form requires the submission of personally identifiable information. WMDA will use the information for the purpose of membership administration (e.g., sending WMDA communications including the invoice for services requested). In case of the online learning platform, personal information related to participation and test scores are recorded so that the user can pass a course and/or obtain a diploma.
Members, users and others who access or use the services of the website have the right to the following information about personal data being collected:
- Confirmation as to whether data related to him or her are being processed;
- Information about the purposes of the processing operations, the categories of data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed;
- Communication of the data undergoing processing;
- Knowledge of the logic involved in any decision process concerning the use of personal data.
Users and viewers shall have the rights listed below regarding their personal data:
- Access to information on his or her processed personal data;
- Rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Withdrawal of consent so that personal data will no longer be processed;
- Request that his or her personal data be completely erased from the WMDA services to which the data has been exported.
Users and viewers also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority:
Data Protection Officer
Schipholweg 57, 1st floor, unit 2
2316ZL Leiden, The Netherlands
Visitors to WMDA services are not allowed to submit sensitive personally identifiable information related to donors, patients, or other individuals who may not be members or users of WMDA services or its member registries.
Specific paragraph on reporting Serious Adverse Events and Reactions (SPEAR) to WMDA
Please note that SPEAR reports may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) belonging to the reporting registry and/or their affiliated organisation(s). The data downloaded from the SPEAR online reporting tool remains confidential and should be treated as such. The dissemination, distribution or duplication of the data downloaded from the SPEAR online reporting tool outside of your own registry or organization is therefore prohibited. The WMDA shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses resulting from any content obtained from the SPEAR online reporting tool or due to unauthorized access, use or alteration of downloaded content.
Whilst content may be accessed, downloaded and used, visitors are not allowed to publish any material from these websites for public consumption without permission.
Links to other websites
These websites include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
Governing law and jurisdiction