- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Search & Match Service provides a fast preliminary search facility to find the best matched haematopoietic stem cell donor or cord blood unit in the world for a patient in need of a haematopoietic stem cell transplant. In January 2017, 'Search & Match Service' became a product of WMDA.
Benefits of Search & Match Service:
- 'Search & Match Service' is the primary source of all haematopoietic stem cell donors and cord blood units globally
- 'Search & Match Service' holds over 33 million donors and over 700,000 cord blood units from 98 registries and cord blood banks from 54 countries
- 'Search & Match Service' helps the community find a donor as quickly as possible by providing:
- User friendly interface and functionalities
- Probability matching for each donor/cord powered by OptiMatch
- Additional information on each donor and cord blood unit (if provided by organisation)
The 'Search & Match Service' public pages contain the user guide for the Search & Match Service, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), a demo video showing how to use the system, archive of our newsletter BiteSize Learning, and other useful links that can assist you during your search activities.
Additionally, we provide information about the file format used for data submission, XML.
Future directions of Search & Match Service
WMDA has organised several workshops to work on the future of the Search & Match Service.