- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
BMDW Search & Match Services provides a fast preliminary search facility to find the best matched haematopoietic stem cell donor or cord blood unit in the world for a patient in need of a haematopoietic stem cell transplant. Since January 2017, BMDW is a product from WMDA.
Benefits of BMDW Search & Match Service
- BMDW is the primary source of all haematopoietic stem cell donors and cord blood units globally
- BMDW holds over 28 million donors and over 700,000 cord blood units from 98 registries and cord blood banks from 54 countries
- BMDW helps the community find a donor as quickly as possible by provinding:
- User friendly interface and functionalities
- Probablity matching for each donor/cord powered by OptiMatch
- Additional information on each donor and cord blood unit (once organisations provide it)
The BMDW public pages contain the user guide for the BMDW Search & Match Service, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), a demo video showing how to use the new system, archive of our newsletter BiteSize Learning, and other useful links that can assist you during your search activities.
Additionally, we also provide information about the new file format for data submission, XML. We are currently developing a new processing procedures for accepting, validating and reporting of these XML files. From October 1st, we will start accepting the first XML files as a replacement of the DOT20 files of a selective amount of organisations. The timelines for implementation of the XML files for data submission to BMDW can be found here.
For more news and updates on BMDW, please check out our BMDW Blog