|Country||Waiver||Importing organisation||No. of imports 2018||No. of exports 2018||Contact information to verify shipment||Specific courier information||Handover hub on airport|
| Australia||Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||Australian boarders remain effectively closed to couriers. All products are cryopreserved at the place of donation and shipped via freight. This will continue for the foreseeable future.|
|Austria||link||Austrian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||122||38|
+43 1 515 61 378
Austrian authorities classify the delivery of stem cell products as commercial transport. Couriers are exempted from showing a negative Covid-19 test result or home quarantine.
Covid-19 testing centers in Austria:
|Belgium||link||Marrow Donor Program Registry||217||27||+32 473 367 350|
|Bulgaria||Bulgarian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||23||+359-887 455 191|
Update January 28, 2021 :
Regarding the pandemic situation, all people that enter Bulgaria must have a negative COVID PCR test. If a PCR certificate is required for the couriers that travel from Bulgaria to other countries, we can assist with this, as our Department performs COVID PCR test and can issue the relevant certificate.
|Canada||CBS|| All medical related couriers, please carefully review the Government of Canada travel restrictions, exemptions and advice on this page, including the emergency orders in the Quarantine Act:|
| Chile||DKMS Chile|
T +56226051609C +56939187306
Please find the requirements for foreigners non-resident entering Chile (no exceptions for couriers)
– Negative PCR test performed 72 hours before travelling. In flights with intermediate stops, this is considered from the last boarding. Screening tests are not allowed (antigen, antibody, etc.)
– Fill out the Traveler’s Sworn Statement electronically and up to 48 hours before boarding at www.c19.cl
– Health insurance that covers benefits associated with COVID-19 during the stay, with a minimum coverage of USD$30,000
Please find below, screenshot for the website.
All residents and foreign must perform a mandatory 10-day quarantine process, but the quarantine can be interrupted to leave the country, the recommendation for couriers is to leave the country the same day.
We don’t have available a lab in the airport, but we have a lot of medical centers and even domiciliary companies that are available to have the PCR Covid19 test available in 24-48 hours if is need it. They don’t need a medical prescription for the test.
|Croatia||Croatian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||33||6||+385 91 5218 026|
|Cyprus||Cyprus Bone Marrow Donor Registry||44||+357 9958 6381|
Czech Stem Cell Registry
Czech National Marrow Donor Registry Plzen
+420 602 250 797
+420 606 311 884
- Briefly :
- Czech borders are open for the purpose of the transport of the stem cell graft.
- Permit letters (Confirmation for foreign workers of critical infrastructure service in the Czech territory) are required – registry issues permit for each transport.
- For this purpose there is no obligation to submit a PCR test result for the period of time not exceeding 24 hours.
- CNMDR may arrange courier service with hand over at the border crossing.
- If necessary, all information regarding Donor Health&Availability, VT/Workup and Transportation requirements can be provided, discussed and/or consulted by phone (+420373034333) or e-mail ( email@example.com )
|Vaclav Havel Prague Airport is only airport open|
|Denmark Stem Cell Donors West||119||3|
+45 2477 8022
+45 2331 0989
- The Danish borders are closed, but persons with a creditable purpose are allowed to enter. Medicine and stem cells are considered a creditable purpose, but the courier needs to show a negative COVID-19 test (antigen or PCR test are accepted). The test must be taken max. 24 hours before boarding the airplane, and in case of transit, before boarding the first airplane. If the courier cannot show a valid COVID-19 test, the courier will be denied access to the airplane with destination for Denmark.
- Passengers on connected flights to Denmark transiting in one or more airports have two different options:
- They can take a test no more than 24 hours before boarding the first flight
- They can take a test while in transit
|Denmark||Denmark Stem Cell Donors East||+45 3545 3970|
|Finland||link (Finnish language only)||Finnish Stem Cell Registry||63||14||+358 50 327 3447|
|France||France Greffe de Moelle||806||76|
+33-6-88 22 35 28
+49 174 192 59 36
+49 731 1507 201
|Information testing centres Germany|
|Greece||Hellenic Transplant Organization||83||35||+30 210 6471 200|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Bone Marrow Donor Registry|
+852 2781 8498
|Export of Fresh Stem Cell Product: Starting from Dec 2020, any inbound traveler must undergo a 21-day of compulsory quarantine at designated quarantine hotel. Reservation of designated hotel must be confirmed before boarding. In order to ensure the safety of the recipients in this rapidly changing epidemic situation, TC are reminded to plan carefully on flight and courier arrangement for fresh product transport.|
|Hungary||Hungarian Stem Cell Donor Registry||72||1||+36305319502|
|Ireland||Irish Unrelated Bone Marrow Registry||59||1||+353 1 432 2800||Information on testing at the airport|
Ezer Mizion Bone Marrow Donor Registry
|Update 27-1-2021: please see attachment for a full update |
|Italy||Italian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||663||65||+39 01 056 344 34-35||Rome FCO|
|Lithuania||Lithuanian National Bone Marrow Donor Registry||43||1||+370 698 23416|
|Luxembourg||Luxembourg Marrow Donor Program||3||Collection handled through Germany|
|Netherlands||link||Matchis Foundation||339||94||+31 71 568 5300||Overview of test locations, here.|
|Norwegian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||+47 91707212|
All persons travelling to Norway have a duty to register themselves in order to enhance infection control. Stem cell couriers have been given exempt from quarantine (both work and leisure time), and only need to register your personal data and tick the appropriate boxes. Link to registration form: Registration of arrival to Norway - regjeringen.no (fill in only part 1). If you have registered before, you can log in using the same mobile number, email or ID-Porten as last time, in order to check what kind of information you then provided. After completing the registration, you will receive a receipt that must be shown to the police at the border control.
The journey can only be registered when it is less than 72 hours to the time of entry.
The data is stored securely and is deleted after 20 days. Only the authorities have access to the data.
Norway introduces its strictest entry rules since March 2020 - regjeringen.no
|Poland||Poltransplant||147||1,153||+48 60 129 0029|
Handover at border
|Portugal||link||Cedace||109||50||+351 217 504 100|
|Romania||National Registry of Hematopoietic Stem Cells Voluntary Donors||38||1||+40 722 751 147|
|Singapore||BMDP||+65 6916 0370|
Transport of HPC product
TC can request for either cryopreserved product to be cryopreserved at our collection centre or for fresh product where handover will take place within Singapore airport transit area without overseas courier entering Singapore.
For handover at Singapore airport transit area, details please take note of the following:
. Travellers who have travelled to UK or New South Wales in the past 14 days may not be allowed to enter or transit in Singapore.
- Details of overseas courier’s travel history in the past 14 days (prior to arrival in Singapore), which will not include the country where they are coming from, must be provided
#Based on the earliest planned flight in and latest planned flight out
- For overseas couriers whose
- Ensure overseas courier stay in Singapore is for a period# of less than 48h, pre-Departure Testing (PDT) and On-Arrival Testing (OAT) is not required
- For overseas couriers whose stay in Singapore is for a period#of 48h or more, OAT (only)@ is required
@OAT needs to be booked and paid at the following link. https://safetravel.changiairport.com/#/
- less than 48hours. Any duration exceeding 48hours is not allowed by our regulatory authorities
- On arrival COVID-19 testing for your courier is not required in Singapore
- Singapore does not allow pre-departure covid19 testing for your courier. If your home country or transit country requires it, please obtain a Pre-Departure Test (PDT) exemption letter from the appropriate authority and submit to BMDP.
- Please avoid booking EK flights (Emirates) into and out of Singapore, as this airline does not support Singapore special transit operations.
Due to constant changes in travel restriction and requirement of pre-departure testing for transit travellers from some countries, we strongly encourage cryopreservation at our collection centre.
|Slovakia||Slovak National BMD Registry||40||5||+421 2 6867 2634|
|Slovenia||Slovenia Donor||25||2||+386 1 54 38 224|
|Spain||Registro de Donantes De Medule Osea (REDMO)||361||91||+34 689306356||Yes||All Spanish International airports|
|Sweden||Tobias Registry||164||51||+46 733 70 90 97|
The current travel bans and test requirements in Sweden requires all non-Swedish couriers entering Sweden to:
- Carry prof that the purpose of the travel is to participate in a health care activity by transporting life saving cell products. Document will be provided by the Registry for foreign couriers arriving to transport products to other counties.
- Carry a prof of employment as a health care professional or transport professional
- Carry any other documentation to prove the purpose to enter Sweden
- If possible, a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test sampled less than 48 hours before arrival. The test must be an antigen test, PCR test or LAMP test. The certificate need to be in Swedish, English, Norwegian or Danish.
- If a valid test result can not be presented, exemptions from test requirement can be made at the border by providing documentation of the reason to travel that clearly include health care and medicinal transport. The exemptions for non-EES residents are only for individuals involved in transport.
The regulations are effective at least until 31 March 2021.
More information on test requirements and exemptions for different countries at: https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-from-sweden/
|Switzerland||Blutspende SRK Schweiz|
+41 31 380 81 81
+41 31 380 81 01
- Border control: Switzerland has open borders but travelers entering Switzerland from certain regions will have to go into quarantine for ten days. The FOPH (Ministry of Health) has a list of the countries concerned, which it updates regularly (https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#1918240392 ). Travelers affected will be notified during the flight, on board coaches and at border crossings. They will have to register with the cantonal authorities on arrival. Airlines and travel companies will also be instructed not to transport sick passengers. The Swiss Registry holds an additional authorization for the import and export of blood stem cells (06.07.2020 authorization Corona BAG) especially for the COVID-19 situation (Import/Export of DLIs) and we will provide this authorization for the cases where the Swiss registry is involved (national patients/donors and international donors/patients) in order to prevent courier staff from having to go into quarantine.
- NEW COVID-19 test requirements for couriers starting 08.02.2021: Switzerland is changing their requirements for quarantine and testing of travelers entering Switzerland starting 08.02.2021. Please note that couriers entering Switzerland to pickup or deliver blood stem cells are exempted from these requirements and do not need to quarantine or require a negative test when entering Switzerland. Couriers are still obliged to register with the Swiss FOPH and must provide their contact information before entry into Switzerland: https://swissplf.admin.ch.
- We offer assistance for couriers departing Switzerland and requiring a COVID-19 test in order to enter another country. Please notify our coordination team (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance and we will help setting up a test. Test stations are available close to the Swiss collection centers and offer antigen tests with a turnaround of 30min. PCR testing requires considerably more time and therefore must be assessed individually in case it is absolutely necessary for the transport.
- Masks are compulsory on all public transport. It is also mandatory to wear a mask in all publicly accessible establishments and (indoor premises). This includes shops, banks and restaurants.
- We are grateful for your collaboration in helping us to maintain our blood stem cell transplant activity. We remain at your disposal for any kind of inquiries concerning this topic email@example.com / emergency calls: +41 31 380 81 01.
Guidance for couriers
|Anthony Nolan, Bristol Registry, DKMS UK, Welsh Registry||488 from EU Member States||311 to EU Member States|
+44 7879 519 478