- For BM and DLI collection: Donor should receive the vaccination at least 7 days before the planned collection date.
- For PBSC collection: Donors should receive the vaccination at least 7 days before the planned start of GCSF.
Switzerland Swiss Registry for Blood Stem Cell Donors (ION-9341)
Eligibility criteria / deferral periods after vaccination for SARS-CoV-2:
- After vaccination with a weakened virus vaccine ( e.g. a viral vector based vaccine or live attenuated vaccine), donors will be deferred from donation for 4 weeks
- Asymptomatic donors who have been vaccinated with an inactivated virus vaccine or a vaccine that does not contain any active viral component ( i.e. mRNA, DNA or recombinant protein/subunit vaccines) will be deferred from donation for 48 hours
- Any donor who develops symptoms after administration of any SARS-CoV-2 vaccine will be deferred from donation until 7 days after complete remission of the symptoms
- A deferral period of 4 weeks after vaccination applies in cases where no reliable information on the vaccine is forthcoming or available.