To facilitate the exchange of information and improve business relations, the WMDA provides access to Donor Registry and Cord Blood Bank data for BMDW listing organisations around the world.
The following data is available:
|Type of organisation||Data available||Source||Maintained by|
|Donor Registries (DR)||Registry contacts and operational information, regulatory survey, and documents||WMDA database and Donor Registries||WMDA data updated automatically, all other information must be updated by Confluence registry profile administrator|
|Cord Blood Banks (CBB)||CBB contacts and survey data (where available)||WMDA database and CBB Survey 2015||WMDA data updated automatically, all other information updated yearly upon new survey completion|
Organisations are identified as follows :
- Donor Registries have an ION: a globally unique identifier, as issued by the ICCBBA, which maintains the authorative list of ION's.
- All other organisations without an ION are referenced by their WO number, as used by the WMDA internally.
Helpful Navigation Tips:
- Watch feature can be clicked for space which allows automatic emails to be sent to your address notifying you of when registry spaces have been edited.
- Share feature allows you to send the page to desired people
- … feature allows you to export certain pages on the space to printable documents
- For registered users additional/restricted information may be accessed by clicking on the
- This page is publicly visible
- Editing is restricted to members of the group WMDAREG
- Editing if further restricted on page level to specific persons (record owners)
Confluence Registry Profile Administrator Requirements:
It is each organizations designated Confluence owner to ensure all information displayed for their organization is accurate at all times. By compiling, this resource will be a valuable tool for patients, donors, and organizations worldwide.
Type of Edit
Title of Tables/Page
Action for editing
Editable by user on page
Operational Information, Regulatory survey and documents
Follow instructions in HelpTips document
Not editable by user on page
Contact Details, Registry Information, Affiliated organizations, Emergency contact, persons and functions, registry closures on main calendar
Must use ‘Edit’ button found on registry page main page by clicking key symbol in additional resource title
Any omissions, errors or corrections can be communicated by email to email@example.com
The WMDA makes no representations or express or implied warranties regarding any information on this site or obtained through these links; expressly disclaims all legal liability and responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, currency, suitability, validity, or usefulness of such information; and is not and will not be liable for any statements, errors, or omissions in posted information, or for any losses, injuries, or damages that arise or are alleged to arise from such information. Use of any information provided on this site does not and is not intended to create a contractual or other relationship. All information is on an as-is basis. All rights are reserved to remove any information posted on the site.
You may not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You may not access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, or violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website.
You may not use data collected from our website for ANY (direct) marketing activity.